Aggressive Defense Of Your Rights In Criminal Cases
If you face criminal charges in Minnesota, it is important to consult with an experienced defense lawyer before making any statement to law enforcement officials. Anything you say can be used against you.
At Jeffrey W. Lambert P.A., I provide skilled defense representation to clients in Plymouth, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie and throughout the Twin Cities metro. With more than 40 years of experience, I am prepared to provide you with the strong defense representation you need. I know how prosecutors are likely to approach cases and which strategies are likely to be successful.
Handling Many Types Of Criminal Law Matters
A criminal charge carries harsh potential consequences. If convicted, you could face severe consequences, including fines, probation, driver’s license suspension and even incarceration. Hiring a good defense lawyer is the best step you can take to avoid these consequences.
I defend clients against a broad range of criminal charges, including:
- DWI (DUI, drunk driving): Even a first-time DWI needs to be taken seriously, as you can have your driver’s license suspended, spend time in jail, be required to pay monetary fines and face other consequences. This can impact every aspect of your life now and in the future, as a DWI conviction is visible on your criminal record to potential employers, landlords, schools and loan companies.
- Drug crimes: The punishments for a drug crime conviction range depending on the type of drug and the amount found in your possession. Drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth and prescription drugs, among others, can result in a misdemeanor or felony charge, with the most serious consequence going up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $1 million dollars.
- Domestic assault: While many domestic violence cases are charged as misdemeanors, the courts consider many different factors when determining how the case will be handled. This includes any injuries suffered, prior domestic assault charges and the individuals who were involved. Restraining orders (orders of protection) are often issued in conjunction with these cases as well.
- Assault and battery: Whether it was a bar fight or another physical altercation, assault and battery charges can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the situation and any injuries suffered. These are serious crimes that stay on your criminal record if convicted and prevent you from obtaining employment and other opportunities.
- Theft and shoplifting: Many different types of crimes fall into the category of theft. Serious theft crimes, such as carjacking and grand theft where the goods stolen were $20,000 or more, can leave you facing felony charges and years in prison. Other crimes, such as petty theft or shoplifting where goods were valued at less than $250 or less than $1,000, can be charged as misdemeanors or gross misdemeanors, respectively.
I am a respected presence in courtrooms throughout the Twin Cities. I know when to negotiate with prosecutors and when to fight for my clients in court. I will apply my skill and experience in criminal law to help you avoid the consequences of a conviction.
Do Not Wait – Talk To A Criminal Defense Lawyer Now
Are you facing criminal charges in Minnesota? My criminal defense law firm is here to protect your rights, your freedom and your future. Contact my law office today online or by telephone at 952-314-6356 to arrange a consultation with me, an experienced Wayzata and Plymouth criminal defense lawyer.